* Recipe adapted from President’s Choice
Yields: 20 small pinwheels
Total Prep and Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1 sheet butter puff pastry
- 1/2 cup Artichoke and Asiago Tapenade (I used the President’s Choice brand)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Defrost and unroll puff pastry. If it is frozen and you unroll it, it will break.
- Spread tapenade evenly over pastry, leaving a 4cm strip of pastry along the edge furthest away from you bare. Sprinkle most of the cheese over the tapenade, leaving some for the outside of the pinwheels. Brush the bare strip with some of the egg. Starting at the near edge, tightly roll the puff pastry up.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on wax paper. Roll the pastry on it so it is covered in cheese.
- Transfer the roll onto a long plate or baking sheet and place in the freezer for 25 mins. Meanwhile, preheat over to 400°F.
- Transfer pastry to cutting board. Using a very sharp knife, slice the roll into pinwheels that are 1cm thick. Place each slice on the prepared baking sheet. Brush a little of the remaining egg over the tops of the slices.
- Bake for 15mins or until light brown.
HubbyCritic: 4 out of 5 yums
Me: 9 out of 10 (I want larger ones!)